Looking for a funny, imaginative gift for someone you’re close with?
Well, now you can relax and look no further.
We put together a list of presents that you can gift to people you are so close with, that a serious present would be very short of offensive.
Gift-giving doesn’t have to be boring, serious or stuck up.
The best thing about the presents in this week’s edition of our guide is that almost all of them are available online.
Of course, do not even think about getting one of these for your mother-in-law or your grandparents (you’d better give them beautiful flowers).
Except, you know, if they really have a sense of humor.
You’ll find something for everyone – laughter is guaranteed.
We present to you our imaginative “15 Best Joke Gifts!” list.
- We all know that one person who never wears slippers. Get them a pair of funny sandal socks. You’re wondering what these might be? Well, they are basically cotton socks with a picture of a sandal printed on them. Sneaker socks also exist – in a wide variety of colors. When you’re buying these for someone, make sure the recipient is as old as possible – the older, the better. Also, these are a great solution for everyone whose mother has been yelling all their lives: „Don’t walk around barefoot, you’ll catch a cold!”
- How about a caution cone that reads: “Danger! Toxic Gases. Give it 10 minutes.” This one can be useful for someone who is, shall we say, a real toilet person. This way you can place it outside the toilet as a warning for all the poor souls about to go in. Disclaimer: don’t get this for someone you know is shy and might get embarrassed. Wait, on the other hand, do get it. It’s more fun that way.
- If you know someone who hates doing chores, we present… the dust mop slippers! Although they resemble regular slippers, these actually have a pair of mops for soles. All of you who dislike mopping, you can now forget about the pain and suffering you feel every time you’re about to do the floors, and simply glide away. Needless to say, enjoy yourself, but don’t wear them outside.
- Looking for a perfect gift for your friend, who also happens to be a great cat lover? We strongly recommend the book “How to tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You”. This one will give them a good laugh, and is full of funny comics and facts about cats. Also, it comes with pull-out posters. So, you know, ideal for those 27-year-olds who are looking to redecorate. Not necessarily for their significant others, though. If this doesn’t turn them into dog-people, nothing ever will.
- Fifth on the list, we present to you the ultimate gift for a wine-loving friend. Or foe, for that matter – everyone can benefit from this. A wine bottle glass. Imagine that… a 750 ml bottle of wine with a glass on top of it. These come in a wide range of writings on it, for example: “Finally!” “A wine glass that fits my needs!” However, do try to avoid this one if the recipient has a drinking problem of any kind.
- If you have a really clumsy friend, get them a bubble wrap costume. The outfit has a pair of trousers and a hooded jacket so your unhandy friend can always be safe. Although, no one expects that anyone will want to wear this out in public. If they do, you might want to reconsider your relationship with them. Or, if you’re so inclined, you could get one for yourself. Live and let live, ha?
- We all have people in our lives who haven’t really mastered the art of walking yet, don’t we? For them, we’ve prepared enchanted unicorn bandages. There are large sterile strips made with unicorn tears for extra healing powers. And the most exciting part – they come with a hidden prize inside. There’s no better way to heal ouchies than unicorn magic (it doesn’t matter how old you are. The writer of this article may or may not use them from time to time).
- If you know someone who always takes a long time on the toilet, get them a toilet roll with brain teasers and puzzles on every sheet. They usually contain some combination of crosswords, mazes and Sudoku puzzles. This way, they can exercise their brain and make their toilet experience less boring and arduous.
- Also, if you have an unlucky friend who can’t grow a mustache, you can buy them an emergency mustache set. It includes a number of mustache styles that easily stick onto the face. In just a few seconds, your friend can become anything they want, from a biker to a detective. And, well, the rest of you can have a good laugh at their expense.
- How about a coloring book for grown-ups? This is a perfect gift to boost someone’s ego and make them smile. The coloring book is full of inspirational quotes that will cheer your friend up, but also help them relax after a stressful day. And if you are the creative one in your relationship, try making your own coloring book with personalized messages.
- If you have a friend who’s in love with their car and always polishes and tweaks and fusses over it – we’ve got a present for them too – eyelashes for their car that they can just stick over their headlights (or you can do it without them noticing, the better alternative). These will add a bit of glamour to your friend’s car, and most certainly attract some looks.
- Another one for your licorice-loving friend: prosecco, whiskey or vodka & coke shower gel that comes in a stylish vintage bottle. Even though it doesn’t really contain any alcohol, it’s a funny way of telling someone you’ve noticed how much they enjoy a drink or two. Make sure they don’t get the impression you think of them as an alcoholic, do stress that it’s just a joke.
- For that bald friend of yours, get them a pack of miracle hair-growth pills. These look just like real pills, but are, in fact, extremely tasty chocolate. So even though they won’t cure any hair loss and make any new hair grow, they will make your friend happy; unless they also have diabetes, then that’s a bummer and you’re a bad friend for not knowing it. Hopefully, they have a sweet tooth and are not sensitive about being bald. Otherwise, again, it’s just cruel.
- We all know someone who has a boss from hell, right? Well, here’s a very useful gift for them: a whack-your-boss inflatable punching bag for their home or office. They can place it on their desk for some instant relief after their boss asks them to work overtime, for the third time this week. Keep your fingers crossed their boss doesn’t notice the resemblance. If they do, this one’s on you – and you may have to be the one to pay your friend’s bills for the time being.
Finally, for all those who are constantly whining that they should lose some weight – a hilarious diet kit.
It includes cutlery: a knife with half a blade, a spoon with a hole in the middle, and a fork with the prongs cut off.
Your friend will easily shed weight without dieting, excising or pills.
Overeating is impossible with this set. Literally.
Author: Sarah Marsalle
Sarah Marsalle is a dedicated gifting expert since 2016. She helps people to do, say and give in more gracoius and loving way. She is a guru in gift traditions and has thousands of ideas for any and all important events in life.